Recent Ruminations

A blog of divorce recovery, teaching, and emergence into "real life."

Thursday, February 22, 2007

Evolution and Creation

I'm sitting here beside my upside down cat, thinking about my eharmony experience so far, and something occurred to me. I feel no pressure! Back in the day, when I was younger or dumber or more innocent, I'd rush to a computer if there was a man there who interested me. I was ecstatic to hear from him and eager to move from point A to points B and beyond. Now, I don't do that... at all. That is, I do check my eharmony mail often, but it's more like a source of entertainment than anything with real urgency.

Could I be growing up?

I realize that these guys are people. They have weirdnesses, weaknesses, and funny parts... they are not perfect, and there's no illusion about that. While there are some I'm more or less interested in getting to know better, the difference now is that I feel perfectly comfortable taking my time, watching, hedging my bets somewhat, and being true to me, not to some hope involving somebody else.

Could it be I'm growing up?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home